Saturday, September 19, 2009

I had fun presenting "The Personalities" to a group of Administrative Assistants recently. I received a card through the mail expressing appreciation for the presentation. Along with the thank-you...was this quote: "I can't wait to apply the gift you gave us. My husband will be putty in my hands."
This comment was funny, but SO TRUE. Learning to communicate from the "listener's" perspective can change relationships...(for the better) almost instantly.

Perscription for Communication Success

l. Learn to identify individual
personality types by observing:
a. Visible Clues
(what you see)
b. Variable Clues
(what you observe)

2. Apply as Needed:
a. Valuable Clues (emotional needs)

3. Enjoy meaningingful communication!!!


1 comment:

  1. Marilyn,
    It was great seeing you agin last week in TN. We have both always enjoyed being around your sweet personality, whatever it is called. And you have a beautiful family.
    I got interested and took the test. It came out
    sanguinecholeric. What a combination!
    We both love your blog. Can't wait to read your book. Take care. Teresa N.

    ReplyDelete